Thursday, June 4, 2009

48 Hour Book Challenge!

I'm so very excited to announce the reawakening of this blog in order to participate in Mother Reader's 48 Hour Book Challenge! It's an event that I look forward to every year, and, like my co-worker Julie, think it is part of the reason why I still sometimes poke at this blog, in order to be ready to participate.

I've been pondering what to pick for a cause to donate to, and have decided that charity begins at home. Therefore, I'm going to donate either a $1.00 for every hour spent reading, or $.01 per page read (whichever turns out to be more) to my local library (and where I work) to either buy some replacement copies of summer reading books that have gone missing, or to put it to our exciting new teen summer reading challenge!

So, look for me starting tomorrow morning with the reading challenge. I'm giving it my all this year!

No comments: