Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dewey's 24-hour Read-A-Thon

Let's give this a try-out. I'm not sure how much reading will be accomplished as I am currently at work at the library. Thank goodness for GoogleBooks! I can do my reading online for the moment. I was going to start with Jean Webster's Dear Enemy, but Google Books actually opened The Wheat Princess, so we will see what that leads to.

Otherwise, I am reading First Rider Call by Kristin Britain on my eBook reader.



And answers to the questions:


1) I am currently reading at the libray. Should move home after work.


2) Three random facts: I am under 5 feet tall, hail from upstate New York, and am a new type 1 diabetic. Actually, that was part of the reason why I wanted to do this one. I'm used to the 48-hour Read-a-Thon, and thought this would be a good way to follow my BS levels throughout the day. I don't want to stress out my non-existant pancreas too much!


3) Hundreds? It never ends, does it?


4) To not cause my BS levels to spike. We'll see about that.


5) Plan ahead. This means books and meals. Walk around whilst reading. Don't let your legs go all veiny. And, most of all, have fun. Because if you can't have fun it isn't worth it!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Best wishes! I hope you get in some great reading. :)