Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oh, I can sign in!

I am all prepped and ready for the 48 Hour Book Challenge! At least as far as books are concerned. I have over sixteen potential books to read, and right now they are all in different stacks based on page length. I'm so excited for this. I've been hoarding and ILLing books like mad the past few weeks in preparation. Despite the fact that I am a) sick, b) have a dance recital and c) have my parents visiting all in this same weekend, I am quite ready to give this a go.

I have to apologize for not blogging more. I come up with these brilliant blog entries (I assure you, they are brilliant), but they are all in my head. I mean, who else but me could combine Drew Gilpin Faust's This Republic of Suffering with James Patterson's Sundays at Tiffany's (which will probably be the only James Patterson that I will ever read) and the short lived television show New Amsterdam.

And then there was the planned entry of a review of Shakepeare Theatre Free For All's Hamlet, the viewing of which has been forever altered by the Canadian TV show Slings & Arrows, as well as Lisa M. Klein's Ophelia. The play was utterly wonderful, even though I was like, "But Ophelia isn't dead! She was just acting all crazy!". Um, am I not allowed to read reworkings of famous plays anymore?

But, since I'm not that adventurous to fully post all of my thoughts about the above and the hundreds of books I've read since I've last posted (it really is quite depressing), I think I'll go to sleep and hope I feel better in the morning!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Welcome back to the internets!

Good luck this weekend. I'm super excited!

Julie said...

Can't wait to hear which of those girly girl books is your new fave! :)