Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21

I was slightly amused when I searched under the term "library" at PodcastAlley.com to find coming in at #56 Erotic Expressions, or "An audible sampling of steamy erotic fiction from the Lusty Library at lustylibrary.com ". Needless to say, that one did not make my cut. Over at Yahoo Podcasts, I was happy to find several that had Jasper Fforde in them as a guest. I really wish that they could podcast his book talks because he's all sorts of brilliant. The ones they had there were a couple years old with him talking about some of his past books.

In the end, however, I ended up at the BBC podcasts because I was curious to see if there was anything familiar from BBC Radio 2, which just happens to be the radio station I listened to while studying abroad in Wales. Not only did I find several podcasts of familiar radio personalities (at least to me) and added them to my bloglines accounty, I also found one from BBC Radio Wales which I happily added to my bloglines even though it is in Welsh and I probably won't understand it. The way I think about it, it can't hurt, and perhaps it will help jog my memory with the Welsh language. However, there are currently no episodes up for listening, but, it seems like they want to do it, so it can't hurt and I'll hope for the best that they will soon start doing Welsh podcasts.

Now if I can just find a French one, I'll be all set language wise!

I can see how these could be useful, especially for book discussions and talks. Within the library or outside. Some, I noticed, are even just readings of books which is good to know when you can't access downloadable books or audio books. The important thing is just being able to find them!

And, however tempting it would be to make a podcast, I'm holding back the urge. Not that anyone wants to listen to my voice here!

No comments: